Thursday, May 4, 2017

Derby 2017 - Making Sense of the Nonsensical

Well David, that was enlightening.  You should really work that Dubya quote in every year.  I really thought you were going to attempt to talk me onto Thunder Snow.  So, to summarize our thoughts...
  • I think we're going to end up keying Always Dreaming & Irish War Cry.  If IWC winds up way bigger odds than I expect (which wouldn't shock me), I could see us convincing ourselves to base all our bets on him.  And when he runs up the track, I'm going to claim I saw it coming.
  • Looks like I'm going to force McCraken into a lot of our bets while you force Tapwrit in, which is fine.
  • Irap is going to end up being the horse we shockingly use a ton b/c we can't come up with anything else to use a ton.
  • Every year we end up liking one horse all the sudden for no reason whatsoever.  I'm going to bet right now that Hence is that horse.
  • Looks like we're gonna stand pat on trying to beat Classic Empire.  That'll end well.
  • The dumb horses we're going to use too much and I'm going to have token Oaks-Derby doubles with my dumb Oaks horse Ever So Clever are Practical Joke & State of Honor.  I don't think I totally agree with your PJ assessment, but he's got talent.
  • I really think there are a lot of have-nots this year, and we agree on that for the most part.  Of that group though, I won't be totally surprised if we talk ourselves into Untrapped a little.
David, close us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment