Monday, March 18, 2013

2013 March Madness Fantasy Pick 'Em



March Madness 2013 Fantasy Pick ‘em

I think people enjoyed this, so we’re bringing it back.  Last year we got around $400 in the pool, with the winner being noted racing enthusiast and Wildcat fan Robby Boswell taking the pool.  Since most Cat fans are planning trips to Rob Morris, as the Cards ripped their house for a four day weekend, I expect him to be distracted.  That gives the rest of us a chance.

Ok, I don’t want to read your stupid rules if nothing changed.  Did anything change?

No, and don’t call my rules names.  Your rules are stupid.

Rules
·   Choose seven teams at the start of the tournament.  These teams will be your teams throughout the tournament. 
·         You cannot pick just any seven teams.  Your teams must fall into these seven tiers..
o   Any 1 seed
o   Any 2 seed
o   Any 3-4 seed
o   Any 5-6 seed
o   Any 7-10 seed
o   Any 11-12 seed
o   Any 13-16 seed
·         You may choose a second team from a lower tier to replace a team from a higher tier.  For example, you may pick two 2 seeds, but as a result, you cannot pick a 1 seed.  To extend the example further, you may pick two 5-6 seeds, but you then have to throw out either your 1 seed, your 2 seed, or your 3-4 seed.
·         Points are awarded based on wins…
o   First/Second Round – 1 point
o   Sweet 16/Elite 8 – 2 points
o   Final Four/Championship – 3 points
·         The winner is the person whose seven teams accumulate the most points.  In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner: Top individual team total, then second highest team total, etc.
o   Ex: You and I score 35 points in the tournament.  My best team was NCAA champion Louisville, who amassed 10 points.  Your top team was NCAA championship loser Indiana, who amassed 7 points.  You lose, I win.
o   If this does not break the tie, pot will be split evenly between participants.

Entry Submission - The only rule I really have for entry submission is that it has to be in text form and accessible from my cellphone (I don't trust my memory from a call/reminder).  The easiest way is to send it to tourneypools@gmail.com - I am constantly monitoring that email (and the spam filter after the conference tourney snafu).  

Payment
·        
 Entry cost: $10
·        
 Money must be in my grubby hands in some form before you make your pick.  The pool was big enough last year that I feel like I can big-time you all like this.
o   PayPal – Probably the easiest to track and you don’t have to track me down.  My paypal ID is pc30@evansville.edu.  In addition, when paying on PayPal, CHOOSE THAT IT IS A PERSONAL PAYMENT!  Otherwise, PayPal will take a commission.  If you do not have a PayPal account, sign up now so it can check your bank account.  Again, this is the preferred method of payment.  Not only does it guarantee I get the money, it also GETS YOU PAID FASTER IF YOU WIN!!!
o   Find my and physically hand me cash or a check.  I literally have to have the payment in my hand.  Do not call me and say “I’ll get you Sunday.”  Not happening.  Unless that Sunday is the Sunday before the tournament starts.
Results
All results will be available at tourneypools.blogspot.com
Payout
Payouts will be determined at the end based on number of entries.  Below are the projected payouts (assuming 100 entries).  We will not pay out beyond 5 spots.
1st: $600
2nd: $240
3rd: $100
4th: $36
5th: $24

No comments:

Post a Comment