Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Conference Tourney Pick'em: Deadline Extension & Some Fun Stats!

Hey everyone,

We've already got quite a few entries - I'm pretty sure we're gonna soar past the 31 entry total from last year.  Keep 'em coming!

Second, I didn't look too closely at the schedule when I made the deadline Wednesday at noon.  The first meaningful game does not occur until 3 PM, and that is a Pac-12 game - Utah vs. Washington.  Just to give people a little more time, I'm going to extend the deadline until Wednesday, March 12th, at 7 PM EDT!  Four teams will have played before that - Utah, Washington, Colorado, & USC.  If you intend to use any of those four teams, I need your pick before they start (Utah/WA is 3 PM EDT, CO/USC is likely around 5:30 PM EDT).

Lastly, a few stats to keep in mind from last year:

  • Last year's winner, Heather Knauf, won with 30 points.
  • Every conference tournament in this contest was won by a 1, 2, or 3 seed.  Nobody used either 3 seed that won (Oregon & Ole Miss).
  • Only one four seed (Wisconsin) & one five seed (Syracuse) even made their tournament's finals last year.
That's all I have for now.  I'll be back tomorrow night around 7:00 to post the entries and payout structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment